This Valentine's day, whether you have a honey or not, love yourself! Treat yourself to a day of eating right. Don't binge on the restaurant food. Don't throw up after eating a helping of icecream or a cupcake. Exercise by taking a stroll with your loved one or by yourself to look at the canopy of stars. Buy yourself flowers or stop to smell some that you come across and pretend they were planted just for you.
Valentine's Day is another bulimic's nightmare. It's a holiday that revolves around (and let's be real here) chocolate. People give out lots of candy, and you're expected to go overboard a little bit.
So here are some ideas about how to make this Valentine's Day an actual valentine instead of:
1. Do not go out to dinner.
Take your beloved on a different date. Go to a museum. Watch a movie. Go to a sports game. The zoo. Go swimming. The botannical garden. Bowling. Laser tag. You don't need to give yourself a reason to binge.
2. Spend the day writing and delivering anonymous valentines to people you know.
3. Write a valentine to yourself and post it on the mirror.
4. Call a friend who doesn't have a date and invite them to come over to do something. Or talk about how you feel about not having a date.
5. Buy yourself a flower. Or buy your crush a flower and give it to him.
6. Build a snowheart!
7. If someone offers you chocolate, take it and then give it to someone else later.
8. Or if someone offers you chocolate, say thank you but you'd prefer a hug instead.
Any other ideas?
What are you guys doing for Valentine's Day?