Sunday, July 15, 2012

ED Phantoms

Ever since I started treatment, I've been seeing people with eating disorders everywhere. When I run in the park and see someone else sweating their ass off, I think "hmm, I wonder if she has an eating disorder?" When I walk around the mall looking for clothes, I see people pass and the thought occurs to me "She could have an eating disorder." Obviously, I know most of them don't have EDs, but ever since I met some other girls with problems like this, it seems like everyone could be in the same boat!
Does that happen to anyone else? 

1 comment:

  1. I do this allll the time, constantly. I think its something to do with seeking out some kind of connection. Especially going through recovery when there's a lot of stress going on and not everyone's going to understand that. I find it really difficult to switch it off or stop comparing my weight to other peoples. I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate it :)