Friday, April 12, 2013

You are the Future You

Another piece of advice I received this week is to think about yourself in terms of who you want to become. When you're faced with a choice, think to yourself "what would future me do?" and apparently this helps you make positive life changes. 
So far this week it's helped me not buy chocolate cupcakes on two occasions. I think the reason it works is because the future you is still you, so if future you can make certain choices, you can too. 
I've only used it as a technique for avoiding binges for two days, but it's fairly successful, so give it a try!

5 comments:

  1. Great advice, I'll definitely try it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I will try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhhh oh Emily you always give such astounding advice
    you're so optimistic and i love it!!! xo i'm literally astounded by you and how strong you are
    ^_^ i'll definitely try this.
    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great advice.. Thanks hon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I actually have been using this method for buy new clothes and stuff, would the "me I will be" wear this? I definitly need to expand this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate it :)