Josie suggested this list. Since Emily is rational and Ed doesn't make sense, I am going to write MY responses to cons that Ed came up with.
Cons of Recovery
1. No blog- This is MY blog, not your blog, Ed. I can write even if I'm recovered. In fact, I think if I am ever fully recovered it would be a good idea to keep writing because staying in recovery is hard.
2. Might become fat- I know this isn't true because I don't restrict anymore. And bingeing and purging does nothing except make me gain weight.
3. Might become depressed- I can stop depression in its tracks by calling people to me and going out to do things with others. I know when I need people to help, and I have supports who will answer the call.
4. Might be boring- I am not boring. I have friends who love me and who think I am not boring. I am shy, but not boring.
5. No therapy- therapy is just as important for recovered people, in order to help them stay in recovery. Even if not, I can do my own therapy by calling on my friends to go do fun activities with them. And I know I can confess my fears to them once in a while too.
6. No justification for feeling sad- Everyone feels sad once in a while. I don't need justification.
7. No justification for wanting good things- Everyone wants good things too. Just because I have a good life does not mean I don't deserve them.
8. Must face other problems- I can face problems. I am a problem solver.
- no friends- I have friends. I must not discount them.
- boringness- I am not boring.
- uselessness- This summer has proven that I am not useless.
9. Nothing to work towards- I can work towards recovery. Towards helping others in my job. Towards being a good student or a good singer. Maybe I'll train for a marathon.
10. Not unique- I am unique to those who know me.
11. Can't surprise/scare people- I wouldn't do that anyway, since I don't want to tell anyone about my bulimia, even after I recover.
12. My life might not be any better- I must have faith that it will be. Plus, so what if it isn't any better? My life is pretty damn good already.
13. I'll be mean- Ed does not control my personality. I control that.
14. I won't have empathy- I will have all the experiences I have right now, so I will be able to look back on them and understand. Also, ditto from number 13.
15. Have to deal with feeling stuffed- I will not feel stuffed most of the time. When I am stuffed, I will be able to deal with it because I am strong and I will have people around me.
16. Won't be able to experience all foods- I can experience all the foods I want to. I just won't be able to binge on things.