Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Hypocrisy


I’m sure everyone who’s read this blog has noticed my positive attitude about everything. And also my dedication to recovery, for everyone.
Whenever I post on blogs, I try to avoid telling people good job for engaging in behaviors, simply because I need to reinforce my own belief that those behaviors are dangerous. How do I get away with telling people to try to not engage in behaviors when I do those behaviors myself?
Why am I allowed to tell people to keep positive when I can’t seem to do it for myself?
Why is it that it’s so easy to spot other people’s thinking errors when I believe firmly in mine?
I feel like a hypocrite sometimes. 

4 comments:

  1. Honestly? I think we all feel like that.
    -Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's common to feel like this Emily
    It's easy to give advice, I do it all the time, but when it comes to ourselves it's not so easy
    I think it's because with others we can give an objective opinion but with ourselves we are too involved and often can't see as clearly
    Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its because we would never wish our ways on anyone and we know it is wrong, but it seems even worse to encourage it. I know what you mean. And your positive attitude is positively amazing. And appreciated. Stay strong. :) Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel. When I was sick I would write on my blog telling people to be strong. To eat and get better while I was doing the exact opposite. Its easier to give other people advise... the thing is you know it's true. But it's easier to tell others then to follow it yourself...
    Why not instead try ..... don't give out information/advice if you can't follow it yourself?

    I think it's great with all your positivity!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate it :)