You post 11 things about yourself
ask 11 questions
tag 11 people with no more than 200 followers
11 things about yourself:
1. I’m a Harry Potter fanatic- it’s always been and always will be my favorite series. Say what you will about the writing- I think it’s not half bad and the story is so captivating that it makes up for any shortcomings.
2. My favorite flowers are lilacs. I love the smell.
3. I love cheesy romance when it happens in real life. Especially to me. The most romantic thing I’ve ever experienced was when I was kissed under a canopy of stars. (a first kiss with that person, by the way. What could be more perfect?)
4. I have almost no fashion sense. I mean, my clothes aren’t generally awful, but I certainly don’t have ten pairs of shoes.
5. I get along better with guys than I do with girls. Is this true for anyone else? Maybe they’re less intimidating.
6. I love cake decorating. Maybe it’s a product of my eating disorder but I still enjoy making fun creations.
7. One of my dreams is to be Eponine in the musical Les Miserable.
8. I’m afraid of giving birth (not that I’m pregnant). It probably has something to do with my low pain tolerance.
9. I don’t like coffee. Or alcohol for that matter.
10. When I say “asked” it comes out “assed.” I don’t think anyone else notices, but I get paranoid that they’ll think it’s a Freudian slip.
11. I’m very straight, but I would go lesbian for Anne Hathaway in Dark Knight Rises. It just so happens that I also admire Anne Hathaway in other roles because she’s not super skinny and her nose is big. And she seems like a genuinely nice person.
1. tell the story of your most embarrassing moment
Sigh. I was in fifth grade and I was definitely not part of the popular group. Looking back I was probably a bitch but I didn’t know it at the time, all I could tell was that I was being excluded. Anyway, in gym class we all had to sit in rows on the floor. So I sat down and this huge, earsplitting fart emitted from me. Everyone in the class laughed, including me, even though I was turning red. And then someone yelled out “I think it was Emily!” And they all laughed again. I was mortified.
2. Do you have any brothers and sisters?
Yes, I have a younger sister and a younger brother. They’re both awesome, and I think my younger sister is a lazier, cuter, smarter version of me.
3. Talk about your hobbies/favorite activities
I love to read, although I haven’t done it in a while. I love watching movies, I love dancing… I don’t do anything really weird or quirky as a hobby, so I’ll just leave it at that.
4. What’s your dream job?
If I absolutely knew I would be successful and make money, I would be a writer/singer/actress. All three. My other dream job is to be a therapist that specializes in eating disorders. Creative, right?
5. What are some things you hope to accomplish before you die?
Besides being in Les Mis, someday I want to write a novel. I want to raise children and raise them well. I want to travel all over the world to places like the Bahamas, Israel, Italy, and Australia.
6. What was your favorite childhood show or movie?
You gotta love Land Before Time. I was so enamored of the movie that I made my mother buy me toy dinosaurs and then acted out scenes with Little Foot, Cera, and all the other characters. Land Before Time is still a great movie, even now that I’m older. And if you watched the series movies later, who doesn’t love the eggs song?
7. If you could remove all the calories from 1 food, what would it be?
Chocolate. Definitely chocolate.
8. If you were a superhero, what would your superpower be and what would your superhero name be?
My power would be to transform into anything I wanted. I could pretend to be other people, other things… whatever I wanted. My name… I wouldn’t have a name. Because no one would recognize me!
9. What does your ideal vacation look like?
My ideal vacation is to the Bahamas, skinny enough to look hot in a bikini. My bff would come along too, and for the entire time she and I would be dedicated to having fun. No computers to distract or books to read alone.
10. Describe the first time you drank alcohol or did drugs.
Since I never did drugs, I guess I have to answer the alcohol question. Honestly, there’s not a story. My parents just gave me a taste of their wine and to this day I still say that it tastes like burnt grapes. I’ve tried various forms of alcohol and the only one I enjoyed was a fruit cocktail which had more fruit than alcohol. (it was also colorful, which helped)
11. What’s your favorite thing about your hometown?
The fact that I know how to get everywhere. It matters a lot.
Here are the answers to Rachel’s questions. I know this post is getting really long but damn it I want to talk more! Plus they’re all interesting questions.
1. What music do you like and why?
ALL MUSIC! Seriously, as long as the song is interesting and sounds good, I love it. My bf is into growly songs because he likes lyrics. I have a horrible ear for them so all I care about is the melody. Unless the lyrics are so bad that they ruin everything, of course. My favorite song at the moment is Valse de Amelie. The song that’s running through my head is “Shawty’s like a melody in my head…” (I just looked it up on youtube and I learned that the name was Shawty. I thought it was Charlene. Just an example of my horrible lyric hearing skills) Why?
2. Do you sing or play a musical instrument?
Both! I love to sing, and I think I’m pretty good at it. I play the piano and the viola.
3. Can you pinpoint when your eating disorder began? Why did it start?
Like many of you, my eating disorder had many starting points. I dealt with about a month of starvation in 8th grade, and then possibly swerved into a binge eating disorder until 11th grade, when I began to restrict and exercise again. But in 11th grade on Thanksgiving I began to purge. That’s when I consider the beginning of my ED. It started because I wanted to be perfect. I wanted to lose weight. I wanted to be worthy of love. I hated myself. I couldn’t handle being full.
4. What’s your favorite season?
Spring, because things are getting warmer, colors are everywhere, and there’s so much summer fun to look forward to.
5. One food with no calories?
6. Describe your hair
Light brown, and it sticks up everywhere unless it’s brushed constantly. It’s pretty straight but it waves at the ends. Right now it’s past my shoulders but not at my waist.
7. Diet coke or diet pepsi?
Neither, I don’t like them. But I drink diet mountain dew like there’s no tomorrow.
8. 3 favorite books?
Harry Potter, Animal Farm, One Hundred Years of Solitude
I have too many favorite books.
9. Celeb thinspirations?
I don’t have thinspirations. For some reason they’ve never been helpful to me.
10. What’s your bedroom like?
My dorm room? Things are piled on my bed because I don’t sleep there, I sleep with my bf. There are pictures of an anorexic and an obese lady that I drew. I don’t know what people think of me when they see them. Stuff is all over all the surfaces, but I don’t think it’s too messy. I don’t spend more than ten minutes in there a day, so I guess you could say I don’t like it.
11. What is your dream career? Do you think you’ll do it?
My dream careers are to be a singer/actress/writer or an ED therapist. I think I could do the second one, but I’m embarrassed to show any interest in EDs while at school. What if people guess?
1. What is your proudest moment?
2. Who do you trust most in the world?
3. Favorite movie?
4. Worst movie you’ve ever seen?
5. Name something your ED took away from you or prevented you from doing.
6. What’s the most romantic thing you’ve ever done for someone?
7. Favorite memory of your mother or father?
8. What’s your favorite animal?
9. Which famous person would you most like to meet in your lifetime?
10. What’s the happiest you’ve ever felt?
11. If you saw someone purging what’s the first thought that would go through your head?
Waiting for Repairs
Too Fat for Words
Back from the Brink
Ninety Nine Pounds
I know some of you have already been tagged but feel free to just answer my questions to you!