Saturday, November 10, 2012

I think my Suitemate may have Bulimia


Now isn’t that weird. I have only three suitemates, and I suspect that one of them has bulimia. There’s only a one in ten chance that I’m right, but if I am may I dare say that it would be hilariously ironic? Especially since I work so hard to hide all my behaviors from her.
1.     She buys tons and tons of food and eats a lot of it in one sitting
She actually has a bin full of food. Boxes of cereal are splayed out on the carpet.
2.     she worries about her weight
So much, in fact, that she has a scale, and she weighs herself every day. She also has a weight goal of 120 pounds, despite being much taller than I am. She’s constantly telling people how fat she is, and how she needs to lose weight. When other people tell her she looks great she sort of gets a down look on her face and laughs like she knows we’re being sarcastic (which we’re not).
3.     I’ve found stuff on the toilet that I don’t think is from me.
And don’t worry, it’s not that disgusting, because it’s not on the seat part so I don’t have to sit on it. I mean, it could be from me, but our bathroom is cleaned every day courtesy of the lovely dorm janitors, and sometimes I’ll go in there after it’s been cleaned and see definite bulimic stuff. Also (this is really gross but…) sometimes there will be food floating around in there. Like, I’ll go in to go to the bathroom and the toilet has ramen water in it, which makes me think that she flushed it and didn’t come back to check that it all went away. Of course, she could just be throwing out the ramen water, but why do that in the toilet?

I’m probably just delusional. But I’m going to watch her more closely and if I get definite proof that she’s bulimic… actually I have no idea what I’d do. But it would be interesting!

8 comments:

  1. I think we can spot and eating disordered person very well as we see our own behaviours in them.
    She does sound like she may have bulimia
    Are you good friends with her?
    I hope it doesn't trigger you too much

    Take care x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm okay friends with her, which is why I don't know what I'd do if she had bulimia. I don't know if I'd feel comfortable confiding the same in her.

      Delete
  2. I agree with ruby-tuesday. Because we live and deal and fight with it every day we can spot it in other people more easily. Maybe she is? It sounds like she just might be. But just watch and see.
    And take care <3
    -Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. doesn't sound like you're delusional. It does sound like whether she has bulimia or not, buying lots of food and worrying about weight is a form of ED. I do hope she doesn't trigger you though :( that's always hard. Good Luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the food she buys does trigger me, but she herself doesn't really.
      Thanks!

      Delete
  4. She does sound like she has a problem..
    I'm not sure what I would do if I was in your place and had proof of her having an ED..
    I also agree with others, I hope this wont trigger you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I'm actually kind of scared now that all of you have agreed that she might have a problem.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate it :)