Friday, September 28, 2012

Positive Attitude

First of all, thanks for all the advice about my friend crush! You guys reaffirmed my belief that we should just stay friends and just not do anything about the crushing. 

Ok, now on to my positive trait. 
Today that is a positive attitude. I don't know if you can tell from reading my blog, but usually I really try to put a positive spin on things. Even when I'm having a bad day, I try to think of things that could be going worse so that I'll feel a little bit better. This positivity has its drawbacks sometimes- namely, sometimes people get annoyed with me for being too cheery, and sometimes they think that I can't be realistic. In truth, I'm a pessimist, which allows me to be happy. For instance, on tests I always assume I do worse than I actually do, so when I get the test back I'm pleasantly surprised. 
Anyway, my positive attitude has done a lot for me. When I decided to adopt it, I made more friends in school, attended more social gatherings, and overall life improved. As for how it relates to bulimia... not exactly sure. After I purge I'm usually in a pretty good mood, so I guess that's one way. But before I purge I feel pretty awful. 
This August when I did not purge at all I tried to remind myself that gaining weight was not the worst that could happen to me, so I guess that helped. 
I recommend that everyone who doesn't think they have a positive attitude to try it for one day. Smile and say hi to people. When someone asks you if you want to do something, be enthusiastic about the opportunity. Compliment people. Pretend you're the happiest person in the world. 
I had to work hard at it when I first started, but it paid off for me in the end. 

What's your positive trait for today?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, tht's a very good advice! I'll try it extra hard today, even though I feel unbelievebly weak. And I'm glad you decided on the right thing for your crush. Have a wonderful weekend! gegenmia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate it :)